Who doesn’t love cake? This vegan cake is soft, delicious, and easy to decorate. Not only that you don’t need eggs or milk. This also makes the best cupcake as the sugar makes a nice outer shell to decorate and crumb free.
Give it a try and maybe you to will be saying “Let them eat cake” .
Vegan Vanilla Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and sprinkle some flour into an 8 inch cake pan or round (your choice)
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Cut the shortening into your dry ingredients
- in another bowl combine vegetable oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, and water to the bowl, mix well
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well.
- Pour cake batter immediately into pan and bake
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean
Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan
Then place the cake upside down on a plate and allow it to cool an additional 10 minutes before frosting
Also check out the Vegan Vanilla Icing Recipe