I have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by two wonderful ladies that I simply love to interact with. The first one is Roberta from http://morethymethandough.com/ and the other is Barb from http://iamwritermom.blogspot.com/ .
There are a few things that I need to do before accepting this award though. They are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Now 7 things about myself.
- As a chef I actually have pretty simple taste in food. I love eating fresh, delicious food prepared simply without tons of ingredients.
- While I prepare meat and eat meat when we go out to eat, 90% of the time we eat vegetarian and vegan food at home. I feel it’s healthier for us to eat mostly vegetables and fruits.
- I live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin but have lived all over the United States as well as living in Germany, Russia, Malaysia, and traveled to many parts of the world.
- One of my favorite things having to do with food is teach. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than when someone starts to cook for themselves and their loved ones because of something that they learned from me.
- I own a motorcycle and love to ride it whenever possible.
- My two favorite movies are “The Princes Bride” and “The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover”
- I am learning Medieval Italian long sword fighting.
Picking 15 great bloggers is difficult for me as there are so many out there that are great. Also I use many blogs as resources for when I’m trying to maintain my blog. Here is my list and it may go longer than 15.
- http://www.kristarella.com/ I love the look of her blog as well as she has so many helpful tips that I’ve used in OurDailySalt.com
- http://morethymethandough.com/ Roberta has a great blog and she also has really nice, easy to follow recipes. I envy her writeups as I don’t take the time to detail every step necessary to make my dishes.
- http://iamwritermom.blogspot.com Barb really helps keep me grounded sometimes. She has such a busy life with kids, job, etc… that it’s nice to see how she handles it.
- http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/ Tiffany has a wonderful food blog that stays away from processed ingredients. She is also working to stay in shape and lose weight.
- http://kristensbookjungle.blogspot.com/ With a stack of books a mile high Kristen not only writes but reads books and writes reviews of them. If you’re looking for something to read check her blog out.
- http://wanderchow.wordpress.com/ is another down to earth blog that is fun to read
- http://www.chickybus.com/ Lisa writes really engaging articles about one of my favorite things to do, travel. She also has contests, and exceptional photography. If you love to read about far away places check her out.
- http://www.bakingbarrister.com/ A real live lawyer that bakes wonderful recipes. I love looking through her blog and seeing what she has dreamed up next.
- http://www.chowandchatter.com/ is another great looking blog that has wonderful food.
- http://rebgaming.com/ Do you love blasting things to dust with your video game console? Then check out Rebel Gaming, Steph has a great site and lots of info on games.
- http://thechubbycook.com/ Scott does a really nice job of writing up his articles. He also has wonderful looking food. He often goes to classes in his area and you can really see how he has applied this to the food on his blog.
- http://junkyardgypsies.blogspot.com/ KJ is funny, quirky and worth checking out. She has a passion for “found” treasures and her blog has some of that as well.
- http://www.gorillabrigade.com/ I love cartoons and I have even featured a few of the strips on OurDailySalt.com Funny and topical
- http://www.onetoughpirate.com/ While this really isn’t a blog Bob works hard to educate people about HIV/AIDS. He is an incredible spokesperson as well.
- http://sammywrites.blogspot.com/ Sammy is sweet as can be and one heck of a writer. I wish that I could write as well. Perhaps one day I’ll have command of the English language.
- http://www.thetastetress.blogspot.com/ Gina has a very nice looking site with delicious food. Check it out.
I could certainly keep going as there are so many sites that have personally inspired, and kept me informed. If I did the list again it would be another 15 or 16.
Thanks so much to each of these people for putting so much of themselves in their projects as well as showing me how it can be done.
Thanks also to Roberta and Barb for nominating me.